Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.0.3 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Brexit Secretary David Davis has called on both sides in the negotiations on the UK's departure from the European Union to "get down to business".
    Mr Davis is in Brussels for a second round of formal talks on Brexit.
    He said his priority was to "lift the uncertainty" for EU citizens living in the UK and Britons living in the EU.
    The EU says there must be substantial progress on this - and on a financial settlement and the issue of the Irish border - before trade talks can begin.
    'Settled status'
    Mr Davis said: "We made a good start last month, and this week we'll be getting into the real substance."
    "Protecting the rights of all our citizens is the priority for me going into this round and I'm clear that it's something we must make real progress on."
    The meeting comes after Chancellor Philip Hammond told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show that businesses were holding off from investing in the UK because of uncertainty about Brexit.
     All you need to know about Brexit
     Reality Check: Will the UK pay a €60bn 'divorce bill'?
     Blair: EU could compromise on freedom of movement
    Earlier this month, Theresa May's offer to give the three million EU citizens in the UK "settled status" after Brexit was immediately dismissed by European Council President Donald Tusk as "below our expectations".
    And Michel Barnier, the European Commission's chief Brexit negotiator, has said there are still major differences between the EU and UK on the rights of EU citizens living in Britain.
    Analysis
    By Kevin Connolly, BBC Europe correspondent
    The call to "get down to business" from David Davis is meant to signal that the Brexit talks are entering a serious phase after an opening session of pleasantries and procedural discussions.
    That might raise eyebrows on the European side where there's a perception that Britain dithered for months after the Brexit referendum before getting down to talks.
    The UK says it's prioritising the issue of mutual citizens rights after its opening proposals received a lukewarm response in Brussels.
    The atmosphere around this second round of talks may have been improved a little by a government acknowledgement that the UK has obligations to the EU which will survive withdrawal and which need to be resolved.
    After a previous suggestion from Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson that the EU could "whistle" for its money that more conciliatory suggestion was buried in a written parliamentary answer - but it was noted in Brussels.
    Europe's traditionally lengthy summer recess will be punctuated by rounds of talks this month and in August - a reminder that the stakes in all of this are high and the timeframe uncomfortably tight.
    'Clock ticking'
    Mr Barnier has said that citizen rights - along with the "divorce payment" and border issues - must be dealt with before future UK-EU trade could be discussed.
    The financial payment the EU says will be owed to cover the UK's commitments is also a key point for Mr Barnier. Estimates have put the amount at anywhere from €60bn to €100bn (£53-89bn).
    But in the Commons, Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has said that Brussels could "go whistle" if it expected the UK to pay a hefty "divorce bill".
    In response to Mr Johnson's comment, Mr Barnier said: "I'm not hearing any whistling. Just the clock ticking."
    Talks are expected to continue to Thursday.

Also visit my previous post here

Lenovo Support Number
    • CommentAuthorjohndepaci
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2020

There is a lot of dealing between Europe and the United Kingdom, which won't replace overnight. If there is no trade deal, it could mean higher prices in United Kingdom shops. There could also be loitering as lorries bringing products would need even more border checks. Brexit supporters say leaving Europe will give the United Kingdom more freedom to strike trade give out around the world. If you want more information about the topic of Brexit you can visit Angel Trust Family Blogs. I hope you will get good results after visiting the website.
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! Dr. Andrea Natale
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!! Andrea Natale wikipedia page
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work Ross Levinsohn profile
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject? Maven CEO Ross Levinsohn
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2021

It is imperative that we read blog post very carefully. I am already done it and find that this post is really amazing. polysteelnortheast.com
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! www.porch-essentials.info
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

I just couldn't leave your website before telling you that I truly enjoyed the top quality info you present to your visitors? Will be back again frequently to check up on new posts. www.postnasaldrip.net
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

This was incredibly an exquisite implementation of your ideas www.pralognan-vanoise.com
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging, www.preceptordevelopment.org
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

Your site is truly cool and this is an extraordinary moving article. presbyterianglobalfellowship.org
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you... primarypete.net
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

If you don"t mind proceed with this extraordinary work and I anticipate a greater amount of your magnificent blog entries www.primecatchseafoodgrill.com
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

Amazing knowledge and I like to share this kind of information with my friends and hope they like it they why I do www.procylinderheads.com
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. www.profitdonationcapitalism.org
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing. www.progressiveupdate.net
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more! www.quickscleaning.com
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

Amazing knowledge and I like to share this kind of information with my friends and hope they like it they why I do www.radiantimageslaser.com
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site. raiseohio.org
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! www.rallyalmanac.com
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

Here at this site really the fastidious material collection so that everybody can enjoy a lot. www.reachofjackson.com
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

You actually make it look so easy with your performance but I find this matter to be actually something which I think I would never comprehend. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it! www.realestatebigsur.com
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging, realtorbigrapids.com
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

I finally found great post here.I will get back here. I just added your blog to my bookmark sites. thanks.Quality posts is the crucial to invite the visitors to visit the web page, that's what this web page is providing. www.recycledplasticpicnictables.com
    • CommentAuthorsheeraz

Regular visits listed here are the easiest method to appreciate your energy, which is why why I am going to the website everyday, searching for new, interesting info. Many, thank you! www.rednecksrevenge.org
Add your comments
    Username Password
  • Format comments as