Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.0.3 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorhivixilaj
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2020

I've been a trout angler all my life, and more than 20 years ago, I had the pleasure of knowing and learning from the best trout angler I've ever known. This man was able to catch trophy trout out of heavily fished rivers in Pennsylvania, when other anglers didn't believe trout of that caliber could be caught in said rivers. In my opinion, he was truly a "master", and taught me the fishing tips that I'm passing along to you through this article baitcasting reel reviews.

The biggest thing my mentor believed in was fishing at the most opportune times. What do I mean by this? Simple. We should be maximizing our time spent on the water, by making sure that we're fishing when the trout are the most active. This can be done by paying attention to the weather and moon, then using this information to make sure we're on the water fishing when the trout are the most active. That's right, by being on the water when the moon is in a certain phase, will affect your catch rates.

This is why the first thing my mentor did, is to plan his fishing trips around what the weather and moon were doing. Don't worry though, the information that you need to know won't require you to do hours of study. In fact you can learn what you need to know fairly quickly. In any case, the first fishing tip is to plan your fishing excursions around the weather and moon.

The next tip is to always make sure that your hands are free of unnatural odors. That's right, I said free of unnatural odors. The bottom line is that trout have a very sensitive sense of smell, and can detect unnatural odors very easily. And I suppose you can guess what happens if a trout detects something unnatural? That's right, it's much less apt to bite your offering. This is why making sure that your hands are free of any unnatural odors is so important. The simple solution to this problem is to grab a handful of grass or dirt before baiting up and rubbing it into your hands. This will effectively "clean" your hands of any unnatural odors.

My mentor caught many of his trophy trout while using live bait (especially live worms) and there were a few items that he considered integral to fishing for trout with live worms. Those items were gang hooks and a bait bag. Let's start with gang hooks. Gang hooks are simply a pair of small hooks tied in tandem, thus enabling live worms to be presented in a totally natural manner. Every trout angler should have five to ten sets of pre-tied gang hooks with them while trout fishing. A gang hook rig is the best way to present a live worm while trout fishing.
Add your comments
    Username Password
  • Format comments as